Harriette Tebutt - The Duchess



This is Harriette Tebutt, an illustrator who attends Camberwell College and is our collaborator for our first zine issue. Her images are the inspiration for our style as they portray every essence of a feminine and delicate taste; an ethos to which we want our zine to evolve around and her images will be featured throughout the issue.

We are proud to announce that our first zine is completely illustrated by her beautiful works. Check out the photoshoot of the bespoke doodle undies that we has created for us. Harriette tells us about her life and passion for illustration in an interview within the first issue - and here is a short snipit of it..

Firstly who are your favourite artists?
Egon Schiele, Gustav Klimt, Chagall, Tim Walker, Michel Ocelot and Laura Carin, just to name a few! I think I have too many favourites!

Do you have things that you prefer to draw? Are some objects or subjects more interesting to you than others? What are they?!
Firstly just people in general, they have no idea I’m drawing them. I draw people in cafes, parks and on the tube, all just going about their day to day things. I like drawing old toys, figures of the past, flowers and animals. Mainly just things with a lot of character, I like the personality and stories they have attached to them. I’m always trying to challenge myself with new things, at the moment my challenge is drawing from my imagination as I would normally choose to draw from life.

Why did you choose to illustrate lingerie?
It started off as a project to customize some plain, old underwear that I had barely worn, I’m a bit of a hoarder and so I hate throwing things away! Then I started buying plain underwear with the purpose of illustrating unique designs on them. Lingerie can be quite samey, I like the idea of something being a one-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment